Sunday, April 14, 2013

Haunted by Heather Graham

It's sometimes hard to branch out. We all have our favorite authors, favorite genres. I'm no different. But since starting this blog, I realized that I owe it to my audience to try new things and look through the general section of the library a bit more often.

In keeping with that idea, I discovered a wonderful author who I might have missed otherwise. Heather Graham writes ghost stories. And while I love scary stories, I've not read an actual ghost story for a long time. Haunted is a wonderful blend of haunted house and mystery and a thoroughly enjoyable read.

Darcy is a paranormal investigator whose gift came after her close friend died in a car accident. The story takes some interesting twists and turns. While I thought I had the 'bad' guy pegged about half-way through, there were enough red herrings that I wasn't 100% sure until the end.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment