Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Until I Die Again by Jaime Rush/Tina Wainscott



(I'm actually reviewing On the Way to Heaven re-released as Until I Die Again by Jaime Rush/Tina Wainscott)


This is the single best romance that I have ever read.  And I’ve read A LOT!  This has every element of a successful love story with a beloved hero and heroine moving in different directions and lots of tension, but there is the added element of intrigue and danger, not to mention the touch of paranormal that makes this book soar into the stratosphere.

Tina Wainscott was ahead of her time with this release.  A Golden Heart Award winner, Wainscott should have hit New York Times bestseller list with On the Way to Heaven.  It’s just that good.

The book opens with the heroine Chris Copestakes driving across a bridge when a semi blocks her way, driving her off the road and plunging her down. She hears voices in the emergency room, blanks out again and then is drifting up and away.  She argues that she hasn’t done enough, that there are still things she wants to do. She is given a second chance, but her old body is broken.  The last thing the voice tells her is to ‘find his heart’.

The opening is powerful enough, but the rest of the story is a  rocket-ride to the finish. The story has enough emotional hooks that I have re-read it at least three times. (Tina Wainscott is another author that I will only read on weekends to preserve my sleep schedule.)

This is a ‘desert island’ book.  If I could only take one romance with me, this would be it.


Reviewer’s Note:
(I own the original version On the Way to Heaven and do not know the difference in the releases, having only read the original. I’ve read most of Wainscott/Rush’s books and trust the re-release to be just as good.)

 Ebook Version           Print Version

No comments:

Post a Comment