Friday, February 8, 2013

Life’s That Way: A Memoir by Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver is an actor who has played the rolls of prospector on Deadwood and a demon hunter on Supernatural among others.  When I stumbled across his book at the library I picked it up to flip a few pages. For me to pick up a book is not unusual.  I’ve perused the aisles of biographies and promptly put back dozens of books. Usually it’s more of a walk-through on my way to another shelf. But this one captured my interest and I found myself immediately drawn into the story.

Jim tells the story of his wife’s battle with cancer. He shares some very deep and personal moments.  Let me warn you in advance, have a box of tissues on hand because you’ll probably start crying. And you’ll no doubt cry through more than one chapter.  It’s basically the story of what happened, how they discovered her cancer, his and his family’s reactions to it, and how it affected the family.

This is a true story and it will make you cry. A book totally outside my normal genre-reading, I found myself completely engaged. A page-turning memoir…I really never would have expected it.  So here it is, by Jim Beaver… Life’s That Way: A Memoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment