Saturday, February 16, 2013

Shock by Robin Cook

In writing this blog, I've been encouraging people to step outside their comfort zones and try some genres that they may not typically read. In keeping with my own advice, I picked up a medical thriller. Now, honestly, I don't read in the thriller genre much. I've tried Tom Clancy and just didn't get into his books enough to take them home with me.

While looking for something outside my normal reading scope, I discovered Robin Cook. Shock is the story of two women who donate eggs in return for thousands of dollars. Although they signed a confidentiality contract, they become curious about the outcome of their eggs and whether any children had been born. With a decision to do some investigating, the women go undercover into the facility. What they find does indeed shock them and puts their lives in danger.

There were one or two moments in the story that stretched the imagination, but overall, the story was interesting enough that I was able to overlook them. Robin Cook's style is easy to read and his incorporation of medical knowledge made for a unique thriller.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment