Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Promise of Pleasure by Cheryl Holt

Cheryl Holt is one of my favorite regency romance writers.  Lately I've read a lot of regencies, so there will probably be a higher percentage of blogs on the subject than in a few years when my interests have changed. Promise of Pleasure is about a young woman who lives a less than perfect life with her step-mother and half-sisters. Her step-mother is interested in titled gentleman for her daughter Felicity and hopes to make a match with Jordan Winthrop, heir to the Earl of Sunderland.

In the meantime, Mary has taken an elixir from a peddler who promises that one drink in the presence of her true love and he will be hers. Everything goes wrong when Jordan blocks the man Mary has targeted just moments after she drinks the potion and she sees him instead.

What I love about Promise of Pleasure is the combination of humorous scenes with some heart-touching sorrowful moments when it seems that the story will end badly.  I truly love reading Cheryl Holt. If you enjoy romances and have somehow missed Cheryl Holt, I highly recommend her.


No comments:

Post a Comment